"Like a charm."
The Wizard Tower is the Level 3 form of the basic Mage tower. Having surpassed most of their fellow mages, wizards are capable of ripping apart the very essence of enemy troops. Obviously, armor won't stand a chance against such magic.
- "Wizards cast high-energy bolts, which rip apart the very essence of enemy troops."
High energy bolts enable the wizards to obliterate all but the toughest enemies conjured by the forces of evil. Even flying enemies aren't safe. The wizards are the final stage of the unspecialised towers, only one step away from becoming a powerful Arcane Wizard (enabled at Stage 6) or a sly Sorcerer Mage (enabled at Stage 9).
Be wary that although the damage of Wizards is the highest of all level 3 towers, magic resistant spawn will not be hurt much by magical attacks and require a different approach by arrow or explosive.
Strategy and Tactics
- Units with low health which come en masse should not be dealt with by Mage Towers. Use artillery!
- The mage tower can be upgraded into the tower with the most single-hit damage; the Arcane Wizard tower. Therefore, upgrading Mage Towers early will allow a player to deal with those tough monsters later on.
- Take note that Mage Towers are the 2nd most expensive to upgrade.
- Use these as anti-air - they can take out a gargoyle in two shots.
Tower statistics (initial)
- Magical damage: 40-75 (73% more than the Adept Tower)
- Rate of Fire: 0.75/second (Slow) (1x Adept Tower fire rate)
- Range: Long (+1 range)
- Specials: none
- Level 1 build cost: 100g
- Level 2 upgrade cost: 160g
- Level 3 upgrade cost: 240g
- Spell Reach: increases range of the Mage Tower
- Arcane Shatter: Each magical attack destroys a portion of the enemy's physical armor on hit (-1 armor level each hit)
- Hermetic Study: -10% cost for building and upgrading Mage towers:
- Adjusted level 1 build cost: 90g
- Adjusted level 2 upgrade cost: 144g
- Adjusted level 3 upgrade cost: 216g
- Adjusted level 4 upgrade cost: 270g
- Empowered Magic: Increases damage by ~14% (40-76 -> 46-86)
- Slow Curse: Each hit slows the enemy for 1/2 its speed for 1 sec
- Might and Magic!
- Like a charm!
- I put a spell on you!