"The forest awakens!"The Weirdwood is a level 4 Artillery Tower in Kingdom Rush: Origins, unlocked in stage 10, Neverwonder. It is a huge Treant that throws equally huge acorns at enemies.
This huge Treant is of the very angry kind! It gives a whole new meaning to 'wrath of the forest'!
Compared to the other level 4 Druid Tower, the Arch-Druid Henge, the Weirdwood's nuts are stronger, and both of its abilities can clear masses of weak enemies extremely quickly. However, the Weirdwood attacks slower, can't block enemies can't store more than one nut when idle like the Arch-Druid can, and subsequently lack crowd control. They are better placed near the frontlines where they can effectively wreck the likex of Redcaps, Boomshrooms or Spiderbroods so the towers at the back can focus more on the bigger, stronger enemies.
Throws a burning nut that explodes for area damage, setting the ground on fire for 5 seconds. Cooldown: 28 seconds.
Shakes the ground, dealing damage and stunning all nearby enemies. Cooldown: 18 seconds.
- As said, use Weirdwood to destroy hordes of weaker enemies to allow the other towers to focus on stronger foes. It is recommended to upgrade Clobber first, to give the Weirdwood an effective crowd-control tool. Fiery Nut III deals devastating area damage, but it is very expensive, has comparatively low DPS, and the AoE is annoyingly small. Therefore, this skill should only be upgraded last, once you have enough high-level soldiers to ensure no enemy can escape the firebomb.
- Very fast enemies can often dodge the projectiles that Weirdwood fires. Deploy units around the tower to block enemies to prevent this issue.
- Building Weirdwood near path curves is beneficial because Clobber affects the tree's entire attack range, this helps the skill to hit more enemies.
- Hardened Boulders (1 star): Increases Druid attack damage.
- Sharp Splinters (1 star): Increases boulder explosion area.
- Earth Mastery (2 stars): Increases Druid attack range.
- Heavy Load (3 stars): Boulder explosions ignore physical armor
- Shocking Impact (3 stars): Boulder explosions slow enemies for a short time.
HEAVYWEIGHT CLASS Stun 10 or more enemies with a single clobber.
WILDFIRE HARVEST Throw 1000 burning nuts.
- Weirdwood might be a reference to Weirwoods, sacred religious trees in the A Song of Ice and Fire universe. They have very similar appearances and names.
- Druids can be upgraded to Weirdwoods in stage 9, but only in the Iron Challenge.
- There is a bug in which the Clobber Stun time is exactly the same with each level.