True Damage refers to certain attacks that deal neither physical nor magic damage, but affect all units equally. This concept was first discussed on the Ironhide Game Forums, before being confirmed by the developers themselves.
True Damage ignores any armor or magic resistance that an enemy has, so the damage inflicted is the same across the board, no matter how powerful the enemy might otherwise be. True Damage will affect, say, both a Dark Slayer and a Spider Matriarch equally (enemies with high physical and magic resistance respectively). Examples of such attacks include:
- Artilleries and Druids does physical damage, but the explosion ignores half of physical armor.
- The Dynamite and Fat Boy purchased from the Gnome Shop, as well as the Rod of Dragon and Wrath of Elynie.
It should, however, be noted that some of the true damage listed below can be negated as even though they bypass armor, they are of certain types that can be negated by opponents with the right resistance, like poison and fire.
- Flareon's ranged attacks
- The spores from Rotshroom's death
- The Troll Champion's throwing axes
- Death Explosions from Abominations and all demons
- Wererat's and Giant Rat's Disease
- Thermal Fissures in Pit of Fire and Pandaemonium
- Elder Shaman's Fire Totem
- Sorcerer Mage's Curse
- Sunray Tower's solar beam
- Paladin's Holy Strike (except mobile)
- Rangers Hideout's Poison Arrows
- Spiked Armor (Reinforcements and Barracks)
- The skills of Ignus, Thor, and Oni. The heroes themselves deal physical damage.
- Hacksaw's Flying Sawblade
- Gerald's Shield of Retribution
- Malik Hammerfury's skills.
- Parasyte's face-hugging
- Poison damage from Giant Scorpion's and Savage Hunter's darts
- Saurian Blazefang's gun
- Saurian Myrmidon's vampiric bite
- Saurian Deathcoil's crossbow
- Reaper Queen's Poison Spit
- Saurian Brute's energy whips
- Abomination's death explosion
- Death Aura of Phantom Warrior's and Vasile in his second phase, the latter of which deals 100 True Damage per second. Also, Vasile's life drain in his first phase
- Vampiresa's life drain
- Bluegale's storms
- Necromancer Tower's Pestilence
- DWAARP's Furnace Blast
- Archmage Tower's Critical Mass
- Assassin's Guild's Sneak Attack
- Bleeding damage from the Templar's Arterial Strike and Cronan's Deep Lash. Note that the hit itself deals physical damage.
- Rurin Longbeard's Hammer Smash
- Mirage's Shadow Dance and Lethal Strike
- Kutsao's Tiger Style, Leopard Style, and Dragon Style
- Bruxa's Dread Aura and Voodoo Doll
- Dante's Silver Bullet
- Grawl's Shard Punch
- Karkinos's Pincer Attack.
- Lucrezia's Drain Life and Cloak
- Kahz's Blood Axe
- Every form of attack that Sha'tra, Bonehart and Ashbite can dish out except for Ashbite's Feast, which deals physical damage as contrary to fire damage.
- Shrine of Regnos
- Gnoll Burner's fire
- Razorboar's charge attack
- Spiked balls from catapults in Valor's Rest
- Twilight Avenger's blasting curse explosions
- Twilight Heretic's abilities and attacks
- Cloud Stalker's face-hugging
- Sons of Mactan and Drider's poison
- Dark Magic barrage from Baj'Nimen the Hateful
- Dark Spitter's, Shadow Champion's and Godieth's dark blood infection
- Druids with the Heavy Load upgrade
- Weirdwood's Fiery Nut
- High Elven Mage's Timelapse
- Forest Keeper's Ancient Oak Spear
- Arcane Archer's Burst Arrow
- Young Beresad and Young Ashbite
- Arivan's 3 offensive skills and his Hero Spell
- Lilith's Infernal Wheel and Reaper's Harvest (with a 30% Instant Kill chance)
- Reg'son's Eldritch Blade and melee attack
- Prince Denas's Mighty
- Lynn's Hexfury and Sealed Fate (both target's damage and explosion)
- Fireballs thrown by Vez'nan's Demon
- Bruce's Sharp Claws and Grievous Bites
- Faustus's Dragon Lance, Liquid Fire and his Hero Spell
- All attacks of Phoenix
- Skills of Durax.
- Main attacks of Wilbur