The Spear Maiden Hut is a special tower available in Crimson Valley. It allows training of Spear Maidens.
The maidens are known across the jungle for their unorthodox but deadly fighting style.
Spear Maidens are decent fighters: they have good stats all-round, and possess a whirlwind attack capable of wearing down whole groups of enemies at once. Possessing more health than any soldier, the Spear Maidens can easily hold the line for a long period of time against any enemy, however, they require good support to face foes effectively.
The Spear Maidens cost little gold but are overall good, thanks to their high damage output, health, and area attacks. Thus, recruiting them is very recommended, especially early in the level, about wave 2-4, so they can handle the vast amounts of spiders than come with their Whirlwinds. Always back them up with one or more Crossbow Forts, and buy Barrage, and since there are no armored enemies in Crimson Valley, the huge physical damage of the skill will effectively take down any foe that may come.
Due to the good amount of health the Maidens have, few enemies can kill them in a fair fight, those capable of doing so include Jungle Matriarchs and Witch Doctors, as well as when a very large number of Jungle Spiders and Savage Warriors constantly assaults, giving the Maidens no time to heal. Beware when these enemies come. Assassins, when upgraded with Dodge and optionally Sneak Attack, can work as well as Spear Maidens, able to help them take down enemies and hold back foes in case the Spear Maidens die.
Below is a summary of the strengths and weaknesses that the Maidens have:
- Good melee stats: The superior melee stats of the Spear Maidens allow them to win over enemies easily.
- Whirlwind Attack: This little area attack can be performed by each Maiden individually, making them highly versatile, capable of dealing with the tiny Spiderlings better than the average soldier.
- Does not re-spawn: As mercenaries, the Spear Maidens need to be repurchased when killed.
- Limit in number: Only three Spear Maidens can be active at once, so large number of enemies can overwhelm them and distract the supporting towers, leaving the Maidens vulnerable.
- Spears ready!
- On the trail!
- The spear maiden names are references to fictional characters and warrior groups
- Balsa is the main character, a female spear fighter, in Seirei no Moribito
- Chiad, Enaila and Sulin are Maidens of the Spear in The Wheel of Time
- Far Dareis Mai (Maidens of the Spear) is an all female warrior group in The Wheel of Time
- Hama N'dore, Seia Doon and Sovin Nai are warrior groups in The Wheel of Time
- Jane is the main female character in Tarzan
- In the Steam version, their voice is reworked during the beta. But got reverted to their original voice after the release.