Saurian Brutes are giant Saurians, armed with high-tech energy whips. They are the most powerful regular enemies in Kingdom Rush: Frontiers.
Towering, unstoppable angry reptiles armed with energy whips!
Saurian Brutes are giant, slow but tremendously durable enemies that can stave off many attacks. As befitting their technology, their energy whips ignore armor whilst also giving them a special triple-swing attack, hurting multiple units and multiplying the damage done, totaling up to 360-720 points of True Damage. As such, they might kill fragile heroes like Nivus in no time, and even the mighty Grawl couldn't stand for long. These brutes are also extremely durable, to the point where even a fully upgraded Rain of Fire can't kill them. Lots and lots of firepower are required to bring down these behemoths.
How they acquired energy whips is unknown, as this technology is obviously not native to this planet's current inhabitants. Enigmatic, but not really relevant.
- Contradicting popular belief, the Saurian Brute does not deal area damage with its regular swings. It only does so with the three rapid attacks, which is performed every once in a while. This gives you the chance to kill them with Assassins: Put the Assassins in front, so the Saurian Brute won't leak even when it kills all the men. Purchase Dodge II or III and max out Sneak Attack. As the Saurian Brute approaches, first place some reinforcements to make it wastes the multi-swings. Then send in the Assassins. Your best bet is that they kill the Saurian Brute with Sneak Attack's instant kill chance, as they dodge the regular swings. This does not always work, but is cheap and easily set up, so is advised.
- Battle Mecha with Shock and Awe can stun the Saurian Brute, greatly slow down its progress. The Necromancer can also play a similar role with his numerous skeletons as meat shields, forcing the Saurian Brute to crawl its way through. Now you has made the giant to slow down, take your chance to lay the damage with Critical Mass, Barrage, Furnace Blast, Wasp Missiles and Totems of Weakness, and bring in the Rain of Fire. Note that your main source of damage in this tactic are Critical Mass and Barrage, so prioritize the two skills when you are setting up your defense.
- If possible, safe disposal of Saurian Brutes with instant kills such as the DWAARP's Core Drill is recommended.
- Note that Saurian Brutes are very strong in a fight. Thus, you should not try to block them with your hero or soldiers. It can kill Alric in mere 12 seconds. If you intend to block a Saurian Brute for an extended period of time, your best bet is to recruit Templars with Toughness and Holy Grail - beware, even them cannot stave off the Brute's blows for long. As said above, Assassins can dodge the regular swings, however, all three will die in just one triple attack. Blocking a Brute with your hero is highly inefficient, as s/he would most likely fall, unable to inflict much damage, and you suffer from a lengthy respawn.
- In place of blocking, you could use the Twister to pick up Brutes and move them backward, however, this spell has a very long cooldown, so is not effective to stall the Brute on its own.
- You can use flying heroes like Ashbite to do considerable amounts of damage to the Saurian Brute. Ashbite can also devour a Saurian Brute as it is considered a regular enemy.