A SCUMM Bar allows generals to train up to three pirate mercenaries. Different SCUMM Bars have different units available:
- Buccaneer's Den, Snapvine Bridge: Corsairs (75 gold), Buccaneers (150 gold)
- Port Tortuga: Corsairs (75 gold), Boatswains (130 gold)
There's one SCUMM Bar on every mode, except for Buccaneer's Den Iron Challenge, where there are five, and Snapvine Bridge Iron Challenge, where there is none.
The Corsair is a cheap and decent melee fighter who can fight well on Buccaneer's Den, but nonetheless cannot survive into later waves in Snapvine Bridge or Port Tortuga without proper support. The Buccaneer throws molotov cocktails and can serve as an auxiliary ranged unit who can still put up a fight in melee (by breathing fire); while the Boatswain is the most powerful mercenary in Kingdom Rush: Frontiers, second only to the Sasquatch in the original game, who can dish out heavy damage with their anchors and endure a tremendous amount of it.
- Generally, it's preferable to hire Buccaneers or Boatswains instead of Corsairs, unless if you're in an emergency and lacks money.
- Beware of the Gunboats; a Boatswain might be able to take it, but a Corsair won't, and must be properly managed to survive a barrage.
- Keep your mercenaries away from the Executioners and Snapvines! No matter how much money you spent on them, it'd be nothing!
Corsairs and Buccaneers
- Shiver me timbers!
- Aye, salty matey!
- Black Bart
- Calico Jack
- Davy Jones
- Will Turner
SCUMM is an acronym for Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion, a scripting language developed by LucasArts to help production of graphical adventure games. There is a SCUMM Bar in The Secret of Monkey Island that is named after the language.