- This article is about the second major spell in Kingdom Rush and Kingdom Rush: Frontiers. For the second major spell in Kingdom Rush: Origins, see Thunderbolt.
Rain of Fire is the second of the two major spells in Kingdom Rush. When used, a red targeting icon will appear on the map, and once selected it rains down several meteors on the ground, causing area-of-effect damage to both ground and flying enemies. It is useful for eliminating small hordes of enemies, and acts well as a last-minute lifesaver. However, its long cooldown time (80 seconds) somewhat reduces its effectiveness.
Initially, it starts with only three meteors, but additional upgrades will increase its effectiveness.
- Blazing Skies (2 Stars): Adds 2 additional meteors and increases meteor damage.
- Scorched Earth (2 Stars): Meteors set the ground on fire burning enemies over it for 5 seconds.
- The Fast & Furious (3 Stars): Increases meteor damage, explosion radius by 25% and reduces cooldown by 10 seconds (70 seconds cooldown)
- Blazing Earth (3 Stars): Doubles damage and duration of scorched earth, and reduces cooldown by 10 seconds.(60 seconds cooldown)
- Cataclysm (3 Stars): Increases meteor damage and rains 5 additional meteors at random locations all over the battlefield.
Kingdom Rush: Frontiers
- Burning Skies (2 Stars): Increases meteor damage and reduces cooldown by 5 seconds.
- Scorched Earth (2 Stars): Meteors set the ground on fire for 5 seconds, burning enemies walking over it.
- Hellfire (3 Stars): Adds 2 additional meteors and reduces cooldown by 5 seconds.
- Conflagration (3 Stars): Increases meteor damage and explosion radius while doubling scorched earth effects.
- Cataclysm (3 Stars): Increases meteor damage and rains 4 additional meteors at random locations all over the battlefield.
- The only difference is when the rain of fire is fully upgraded on both Kingdom Rush and Kingdom Rush: Frontiers, Kingdom Rush had fire burning for 10 seconds while Kingdom Rush: Frontiers had on 5 seconds.
ARMAGGEDON [sic] Use Rain of Fire 5 times in a single stage.
DEATH FROM ABOVE Kill 100 enemies with Meteor Shower.