Spectres of ancient warriors... their cold presence snuffs the life out of the living.
Phantom Warriors can be treated as more powerful versions of Ghosts, with much more health and the same ability to completely shrug off physical attacks. In addition to this, their very presence deals damage to non-undead soldiers at a rate of 9 hps: militia will die in moments, while other soldiers can last a bit longer, but of course that does not stop the Phantom Warrior from using his sword to cleave them out.
When the Moon is full, the Phantom Warrior's death aura gains a boost in damage.
- Archmage Towers are essential to stop them because of the high magical damage of the mages. Build multiple Archmages on the path that Phantom Warriors tend to take, and buy the Critical Mass upgrade for them to deal extra damage. The Twister spell is also a good way to slow the Phantoms down, as well as clear Ghosts out of the way.
- All undead units are immune to the death aura, so they can block Phantom Warriors for quite a while, although most of them cannot directly damage them.. Strangely, however, Skeleton Knights still take damage from the death aura, which is probably a bug. This bug is absent in the Steam version
- Phantom Warriors are immune to most of the ground-based attacks, including Pestilence and Scorched Earth, but are still affected by DWAARP's Furnace Blast ability. They can also be stunned by artilleries' Shock and Awe star upgrade, making DWAARP quite useful when dealing with other enemies along with them.
- Tribal Axethrowers's Totems of Spirits can disable the Death Aura, enabling Barracks to stall them for a little longer. As Phantom Warriors are still vulnerable to Sneak Attack and Arterial Strike, even though they are incorporeal creatures, advanced soldiers, especially Assassins, can deal a bit of damage to them, although not quite enough to seriously hurt the Phantoms.
- Lucrezia's Drain Life and Cloak abilities can also damage Phantom Warriors, so use her to tank any of them that leak away from your Mage towers, as she has high armor and moderate health (in addition to life drain).
- Apparently, Alric's spiked armor can damage and kill phantom warriors. Use Alric to block and kill if no other option is left.
- Shatra can damage phantom warriors, however he will not last against them in single combat.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE Defeat 6 Phantom Warriors before they harm any soldier with their aura of death.