These creatures lay eggs inside their victims, which later spawn horrible monsters.
Parasytes do not spawn from entrances (except in the Iron Challenge), but from violet egg sacs. They are one of the most annoying enemies in the entire game: their 'attack' renders a soldier useless and will make him explode into a tough Reaper if not removed. This pretty much kills your barracks defences as a facehugged soldier isn't considered dead yet and thus will not respawn. Worse still, they will be periodically spawned in groups during later waves, and worst of all, don't give any gold when killed.
- Kill Parasytes quickly: DWAARPs are particularly effective at getting rid of a lot of them. Buy Furnace Blast or stack the DWAARPs with Falconer bonus from Crossbow Forts, to increase the damage of the tower.
- Do not use too many unupgraded barracks, as they will only serve as fodder for the Parasytes. In the Lost Jungle Iron Challenge, it is recommended to sell at least three of the basic barracks the game has pre-built for you.
- Due to the Parasytes' dangerously fast speed, it is advised to keep at least one Knights Templar behind your main kill zone to distract the ones leaking through. Buy high level Toughness to ensure the men have enough health to survive. Necromancer Towers can play a similar role, however the summoned group of walking bones can easily be ran over by overwhelming Ma'qwa forces, opening a hole for Parasytes to swarm through.
- Sandwarriors don't generate Reapers when they die, so sending them in as fodder is effective.(Parasytes die after killing the fodder). Same can be said for Skeletons and Skeleton Knights raised by the Necromancers.
COLONIAL MARINE Kill 30 Parasytes or Reapers.
- Parasytes only spawn in Temple of Saqra campaign mode when the glyphs under Indiana Jones are pressed in the wrong order (other than middle-left-right).
- When a Parasyte is attached to hero, you can't move them.
- They are probably based on the facehugger from the Alien movie series and the Headcrab from the Half-Life series.
- Parasyte is also the name of a manga that ran between 1990 and 1995, where aliens creatures take humans as hosts by crawling into their brains.