"I put a spell on you!"The Mage Tower, also called Mages Guild or simply Mages, is the Level 1 Magic Tower. It deals magic damage, which ignores physical armor. The range is the same as the Level 1 Ranged Tower's. The tower is the same in both Kingdom Rush and Kingdom Rush: Frontiers, with only a change in appearance.
"Mages cast armor piercing bolts at your enemies, ignoring any physical protection."
This mage apprentice stands on top of his tower, channelling magic bolts that tear through enemy forces, even flying ones. Being only at the most basic level, no spells are available, and the mage only deals modest damage.
- Mage Towers shoot slowly; masses of monsters are therefore better treated with an artillery strike.
- Take note that Mage Towers are the 2nd most expensive to upgrade.
- Mage attacks ignore physical armor, dealing full damage to all creatures with no magical resistance.
- However, a single Mage Tower can still only barely defeat one orc in time. Build more towers or upgrade your towers into Adept Towers to deal with greater numbers or foes with more HP.
- Mage towers are generally strong against slow, armored creatures with relatively low health. These monsters include the Goblin, Orc, Bandit and Brigand.
- Due to their low damage, Mage towers are only good against the most basic of creatures. When monsters with more HP come into play (like the Ogre), more towers or an upgrade is necessary. Also, nonupgraded Mage Towers are utterly useless against creatures with magic resistance, such as the Shaman or Demon Spawn.
- Spell Reach (1 Star): Increases wizard's attack range (by 10%).
- Arcane Shatter (1 Star): Magic attacks destroy a potion of enemy physical armor on every hit. (-3 armor level)
- Hermetic Study (2 Stars): Mage Towers construction and upgrading costs are reduced by 10%.
- Empowered Magic (2 Stars): Increases wizard's attack damage. (about 15%)
- Slow Curse (3 Stars): Magic attacks slow enemies by half their speed for a moment (half a second, Arcane Wizard the whole one-second beam duration. Also disables Rocket Rider Turbo boost).
- Rune of Power (1 Star): Increases mages' attack range (by 10%).
- Spell Penetration (1 Star): Mages' bolts have a chance to ignore magic resistance.
- Eldritch Power (2 Stars): Increases mages' attack damage (by 10%).
- Wizard Academy (2 Stars): Reduces mages' special abilities costs by 10%.
- Brilliance (3 Stars): For every other mage tower built, each mage tower gets a bonus to damage (+4% per tower beyond the first, to a maximum of +30%).
- Might and Magic!
- Like a charm!
- I put a spell on you!
- "Might and magic" - The name of a series of RPG games for the PC that started in 1996. Might and Magic are considered defining examples of early Role-playing games.
- "Like a charm" - Part of a common phrase "worked like a charm" used when something has done exactly what it was meant to.
- "I put a spell on you" - A song written and sung by Screamin' Jay Hawkins from 1956. The song has become well known after being featured in the 1993 film Hocus Pocus.