BOULDER THROW (active) (cooldown: 10 seconds) (2/2/2 hero points):
- Throws a huge boulder at an enemy that deals 20-40/40-60/60-100 damage to its target and enemies nearby.
STOMP (active) (cooldown: 15 seconds) (2/2/2 hero points):
- Smashes the ground 4/6/8 times, dealing damage, slowing and stunning enemies.
BASTION (passive) (1/1/1 hero points):
- Gradually gains up to 6/12/18 bonus damage while holding ground.
SHARD PUNCH (active) (cooldown: 12 seconds) (3/3/3 hero points):
- Deals 60/120/180 damage with a 10%/20%/30% chance of instant kill if Grawl's health triples the target's.
HARD ROCK (passive) (1/2/3 hero points):
- Increases Grawl's life by 50/100/150 points.
- Grawl is immune to poison.
Grawl has a 5% health regeneration, healing at 30 health per second at level 10.
Tips and Tricks
- Due to his high health, medium armor and ability to stun, Grawl makes an good blocker.
- Grawls immunity to poison makes him a good pincushion for Savage Hunters.
- Grawl, with his health maxed at 900 with hard rock, will heal faster by dying than standing and letting his health regenerate when below 300 hit points.
- Grawl can stand toe to toe with most enemies except bosses Saurian Brutes,true damage dealers, huge damage dealers or bloodshells meaning that he is best left at an area that sees lots of tough foes.
- His area attacks give him fairly helpful crowd control.
- Grawl is the slowest hero in the game and should thus not be moved often or, if possible, not at all.
- If moved only a very small distance, Grawl will not lose his Bastion buff, so an expert player can micromanage him across the battle field.
- Let there be rock!
- Here comes the pain!
- It's clobbering time!
- Is there no one else?
- (upon death) "I crumble!"
- The word Grawl comes from brawl, a word used to describe a noisy fight.
- "Here comes the pain." - The sub-title of WWE Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain, a wrestling game released for the Playstation 2 in 2003.
- "Is there no one else?" - A quote made by Achilles in the 2004 film Troy. When Achilles easily slays the best fighter of the opposing side, he calls out to the crowd to see if anyone else dares face him.
- "It's clobberin' time!" - The catch phrase of The Thing from Marvel series The Fantastic Four. This phrase has been previously used in a similar format by Elora Wintersong in Kingdom Rush.
- "Let there be rock!" - A sleight on the phrase "Let there be light" as written in the Book of Genesis, first book of the Hebrew Bible, where God created the Earth and filled the darkness of the void with light.
- Grawl makes a cameo appearance alongside Vez'nan in the game ToToTemple by Canadian game designers Juicy Beast .
- He starts from level 5 on the steam version.