The Dwarven Bombard is the Level 1 Artillery Tower. It deals area damage to ground units. The range is the same as the Level 2 Ranged Tower's. The tower is the same in both Kingdom Rush and Kingdom Rush: Frontiers, with only a change in appearance.
"Bombards ground enemies dealing area damage."
A two-dwarf team is all that's necessary to work this large cannon. Its rudimentary design allows it to only handle the most basic ordnances.
- Dwarven Bombards are strong against most ground-based enemies, even those with armor, because their splash damage ignores 50% of armor. They are especially useful against hordes of Goblins, one Goblin can only take two hits from a Bombard, making them the cheapest yet effective option to counter these enemies.
- The only units the Bombard is not effective against are Marauders (their health is too high), all air units, Dark Knights, and Dark Slayers.
- It is not recommended to use them in later stages, due to their low damage output and long reload time, instead, they should be upgraded to Dwarven Artillery as soon as possible.
- Concentrated Fire (1 Star): Increases artillery attack damage (10% damage increase).
- Range Finder (1 Star): Increases artillery attack range (by 10%).
- Field Logistic (2 Stars): Artillery construction and upgrading costs are reduced by 10%.
- Industrialization (3 Stars): Artillery special abilities costs are reduced by 25%.
- Smart Targeting (3 Stars): Artillery suffers no reduction of splash and chain lightning damage.
- Smoothbore (1 Star): Increases artillery attack range (by 10%).
- Alchemical Powder (1 Star): Artilleries has a chance of dealing maximum damage with no splash reduction.
- Improved Ordnance (2 Stars): Increases artillery attack damage (by 10%).
- Gnomish Tinkering (3 Stars): Reduces artilleries' special abilities reload times.
- Shock and Awe (3 Stars): Artillery towers have a chance of stunning their targets on every attack.
- Want some, get some!
- Hail to the king, baby!
- Fully loaded!