Thunder and lightning have nothing on this crackshot! Let loose a hail of bullets, and make them fear where they step with an arsenal of mines!
|Level||HP||Melee Damage||Ranged Damage||Armor||Respawn||Mine Layer||Tar Bomb|
|4||490||14-23||14-23||none||15s||lvl 1||lvl 1|
|5||520||15-25||15-25||none||15s||lvl 2||lvl 1|
|6||550||17-28||17-28||none||15s||lvl 2||lvl 1|
|7||580||18-30||18-30||none||15s||lvl 2||lvl 2|
|8||610||20-33||20-33||none||15s||lvl 3||lvl 2|
|9||640||21-35||21-35||none||15s||lvl 3||lvl 2|
|10||670||23-38||23-38||none||15s||lvl 3||lvl 3|
|Ability Level||Hero Level||Triggering Time||Damage||Max Amount|
|Ability Level||Hero Level||Slow||Duration|
- Slow % for Tarbomb unconfirmed.
- Mine Layer - Bolin throws a single mine onto the path. The mine does damage to any ground enemy units that walk into it. Mines disappear after a certain period of time and are deployed randomly in an AoE around Bolin.
- Level 1 - Mines deal some damage. Unlocks at Hero Level 2.
- Level 2 - Mines deal more damage. Unlocks at Hero Level 5.
- Level 3 - Mines deal the most damage. Unlocks at Hero Level 8.
- Tar Bomb - Bolin shoots out a brown liquid projectile onto the path of enemy units. Upon contact on the ground, a Tar Puddle is formed. The puddle slows enemy units who step on it.
- Level 1 - The puddle slows enemies down for 5 secs. Unlocks at Hero Level 4.
- Level 2 - The puddle slows enemies down more for 7 secs. Unlocks at Hero Level 7.
- Level 3 - The puddle slows enemies down the most for 9 secs. Unlocks at Hero Level 10.
Tips and Tricks
Bolin is a hybrid support hero, this means you have to make use of his skills in a tactical way.
Against ground enemies, Bolin would fire 3 shots rapidly before reloading. However, against flying enemies or bosses, Bolin wound only fire 1 shot before reloading. Thus it is unwise to send Bolin into a lane with flying enemies.
Bolin specialises in Crowd Control, thus it is recommended players should send him to a numerous lane full of weak enemies.
Even though Bolin has a good melee stat (6 Bars in HP, 5 Bars in Melee), players should NOT send him in melee combat as doing so will desynergise his use of his abilities.
Since Bolin is a support hero, players utilising him should also be with your defending units as they provide the best protection for Bolin, and that Bolin could establish a strong choke point here.
- "Weapons ready!"
- "I never miss!"
- "Hasta la vista baby!"
- "Oh-ho, do you feel lucky, punk?"
- (upon death) "Yarg!"
- "I never miss!" - A line spoken by El Wray in the Grindhouse film Planet Terror.
- "Hasta la vista baby!" - The catch phrase associated with Arnold Schwarzenegger's titular character in Terminator II: Judgement Day. "Hasta la vista" is a Spanish phrase meaning "see you later".
- "Oh-ho, do you feel lucky, punk?" - A line spoken by Harry Callahan in Dirty Harry. The full line "I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he fire six shots or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" is understandably very long and therefore very hard to remember, which is why only the last part has become the most memorable.
- He might be a reference to the dwarven sniper in DOTA 1 and 2
- "Bolin" is the reference to Juan Andrés's Steam account of the same name, an Ironhide Studio employee.