| "Go ahead, make my day!"|
This article is a Hero Stub. You can help Kingdom Rush Wiki
by expanding it and adding more information to it.
Bolin Farslayer is a hero unit corresponding to the Artillery upgrade path and his name may be a reference to the Dwarf, Balin, in the Hobbit. He's one of the five heroes with ranged attacks. He is unlocked by buying the Premium Content (Flash), by paying 0.99 USD in-app purchase (iOS and Android) or by completing Coldstep Mines (Steam). He uses a gun rather than an explosive weapon.
Thunder and lightning have nothing on this crackshot! Let loose a hail of bullets, and make them fear where they step with an arsenal of mines!
Bolin fires 3 shots rapidly before reloading (reloading time: 3.77 seconds).
|Level||HP||Melee & Ranged Damage||Armor||Respawn|
- Bolin throws a single mine onto the path. The mine does damage to any ground enemy units that walk into it. Mines disappear after a certain period of time and are deployed randomly in an AoE around Bolin. There can only be 8 mines in play at one time. (Cooldown: 8 seconds)
|Ability Level||Hero Level||Damage|
- Bolin shoots out a brown liquid projectile onto the path of enemy units. Upon contact on the ground, a Tar Puddle is formed. The puddle slows enemy units who step on it.
|Ability Level||Hero Level||Slow %||Duration|
- Damage per mine unconfirmed.
- Slow % for Tarbomb unconfirmed.
Tips and Tricks
- Bolin is a hybrid support hero, this means you have to make use of his skills in a tactical way.
- Bolin specializes in Crowd Control; thus, it is recommended players should send him to a numerous lane full of weak enemies.
- Even though Bolin has a good melee stat (6 Bars in HP, 5 Bars in Melee), players should NOT send him in melee combat as doing so will synergize his use of his abilities.
- Bolin moves slowly so it is important not to switch lanes unless urgently required.
- Since Bolin is a support hero, players utilizing him should also be with your defending units as they provide the best protection for Bolin, and that Bolin could establish a strong choke point here.
- Try not to send Bolin against instant-kill bosses such as J.T., Vez'nan, Sarelgaz or The Kingpin, as Bolin is slow and unable to effectively kite the boss to the next choke point.
- "Weapons ready!"
- "I never miss!"
- "Hasta la vista baby!"
- "Oh-ho, do you feel lucky, punk?"
- (upon death) "Yarg!"
- "I never miss!" - A line spoken by El Wray in the Grindhouse film Planet Terror.
- "Hasta la vista baby!" - The catchphrase associated with Arnold Schwarzenegger's titular character in Terminator II: Judgement Day. "Hasta la vista" is a Spanish phrase meaning "see you later".
- "Oh-ho, do you feel lucky, punk?" - A line spoken by Harry Callahan in Dirty Harry. The full line "I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he fire six shots or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" is understandably very long and therefore very hard to remember, which is why only the last part has become the most memorable.
- He might be a reference to the dwarven sniper in DOTA 1 and 2
- "Bolin" is the reference to Juan Andrés's Steam account of the same name, an Ironhide Studio employee.
|Gerald Lightseeker • Alleria Swiftwind • Malik Hammerfury • Bolin Farslayer • Magnus Spellbane • Ignus • King Denas • Elora Wintersong • Ingvar Bearclaw • Hacksaw • Oni • Thor|
|Kingdom Rush: Frontiers|
|Alric • Mirage • Cronan • Bruxa • Captain Blackthorne • Nivus • Dierdre • Grawl • Sha'tra • Karkinos • Kutsao • Dante • Kahz • Ashbite • Bonehart • Saitam|
|Kingdom Rush: Origins|
|Eridan • Arivan • Catha • Razz and Rags • Lilith • Reg'son • Prince Denas • Xin • Vez'nan • Bravebark • Faustus • Durax • Bruce • Phoenix • Wilbur|
|Rurin Longbeard • The Black Corsair • Lucrezia • Young Alleria • Malik • Bolverk|