Formidable warriors, their steel-like spiked carapace renders them invulnerable!
Bloodshells lack the unstoppable power of Saurian Brutes - they do not kill as quickly, nor do they have so much health. Rather, their ability is to shrug off almost all kinds of damage: Artillery is absolutely harmless to them, while their Great physical armor makes archers and barracks do little more than a scratch to these hulking monstrosities. Even a fully upgraded Rain of Fire can't kill them. Basically, Bloodshells can be considered a stronger Dark Slayer that forces you to use Wizard Towers or Archmage Towers, which are useless against the Bluegales.
- Archmage Towers are the key to quickly getting rid of many Bloodshells, thanks to their high magical damage output. Their Twister spell is also capable of slowing the crabs down.
- To block them, use a ton of skeletal minions, strong melee heroes like Alric, Grawl, Kutsao, Assassins with high-level Dodge, or Templars with high-level Toughness. If you are using the latter two, note that both have a True Damage skill that can damage Bloodshells. In the case of Assassins, make use of the instant kill chance of their Sneak Attack to get rid of Bloodshells quickly.
- If possible, dispose of them with instant kills such as Sha'tra's Abduction.
- Use the Shrine of Regnos to clear grouped enemies around it so Archmage Towers can hit them rather than a weaker enemy.
- Crossbow Fort deals only 1 damage per shot to them. Even Barrage deals the same 1 damage per bolt.
- Bloodshells are still affected by Furnace Blast, Battle-Mecha T200's Waste Disposal and the Shock and Awe upgrade.
- DWAARP's Core Drill doesn't affect Bloodshells on Steam only, reducing much of their threat.
|Kingdom Rush - Enemies|
|Goblin • Orc • Shaman • Ogre • Gargoyle • Shadow Archer • Dark Knight • Wulf • Worg • Golem Head • Goblin Zapper • Orc Champion • Worg Rider • Forest Troll • Hobgoblin Chief|
|Bandit • Brigand • Marauder • Giant Spider • Spider Matriarch • Spider Hatchling • Raider • Pillager|
|Troll • Troll Champion • Troll Chieftain • Yeti • Rocket Rider • Dark Slayer • Son of Sarelgaz • Troll Pathfinder • Troll Breaker|
|Demon Spawn • Demon Lord • Demon Hound • Demon Imp • Skeleton • Skeleton Knight • Necromancer • Magma Elemental • Husk • Noxious Creeper • Mutated Hatchling • Tainted Treant • Swamp Thing • Rotshroom|
|Zombie • Giant Rat • Wererat • Fallen Knight • Spectral Knight • Abomination • Werewolf • Lycan • Black Hag • Sheep|
|Demon Legion • Flareon • Gulaemon • Cerberus|
|The Juggernaut • J.T. • Vez'nan • Sarelgaz • Gul'Thak • Greenmuck • The Kingpin • Ulguk-Hai • Moloch • Myconid • Lord Blackburn|
|Kingdom Rush: Origins - Enemies|
|Gnoll Reaver • Gnoll Burner • Gnoll Gnawer • Hyena • Perython • Gnoll Blighter • Ettin • Twilight Harasser • Gnoll Catapult • Gnoll Warleader • Twilight Brute • Blood Gnoll • Blood Ogre • Ogre Magi|
|Sword Spider • Satyr Cutthroat • Satyr Hoplite • Webspitter Spider • Gloomy • Twilight Scourger • Scourger Banshee • Bandersnatch • Redcap • Twilight Avenger • Boomshroom • Munchshroom • Fungus Breeder • Zealot • Bunny • Blood Servant • Screecher Bat • Mounted Avenger|
|Razorboar • Twilight Evoker • Twilight Golem • Cloud Stalker • Spiderbrood • Twilight Heretic • Son of Mactans • Arachnomancer • Drider|
|Shadowspawn • Devourer • Dark Spitter • Shadow Champion|
|Hi-Hi Enha • Malicia • Spider Goddess • Bram the Beheader • Baj'Nimen the Hateful • Godieth|