Formidable warriors, their steel-like spiked carapace renders them invulnerable!
Bloodshells lack the unstoppable power of Saurian Brutes - they do not kill as quickly, nor do they have so much health. Rather, their ability is to shrug off almost all kinds of damage: Artillery is absolutely harmless to them, while their Great physical armor renders archers and barracks able to do little more than scratching these hulking monstrosities. Even a fully upgraded Rain of Fire can't kill them. Basically, Bloodshells can be considered a stronger Dark Slayer that forces you to use Wizard Towers or Archmage Towers, which are useless against the Bluegales.
- Archmage Towers are the key to quickly getting rid of many Bloodshells, thanks to their high magical damage output. Their Twister spell is also capable of slowing the crabs down.
- To block them, use a ton of skeletal minions, strong melee heroes like Alric, Grawl, Kutsao, Assassins with high-level Dodge, or Templars with high-level Toughness. If you are using the latter two, note that both have a True Damage skill that can damage Bloodshells. In the case of Assassins, make use of the instant kill chance of their Sneak Attack to get rid of Bloodshells quickly.
- If possible, dispose of them with instant kills such as Sha'tra's Abduction.
- Bear in mind that their immunity to artillery renders their undersides completely Drill-Proof! Said immunity is absent in the Steam version.
- Use the Shrine of Regnos to clear grouped enemies around it so Archmage Towers can hit them rather than a weaker enemy.
- Crossbow Fort deals only 1 damage per shot to them. Even Barrage deals the same 1 damage per bolt.
- Bloodshells are still affected by DWAARP's Core Drill (Steam) and Furnace Blast, Battle-Mecha T200's Waste Disposal and the Shock and Awe upgrade.