- This article is about the advanced magic tower in the first Kingdom Rush. For the Kingdom Rush: Vengeance enemy based on this tower, see Arcane Magus.
Compared to the other Level 4 Mage Tower, the Sorcerer Mage, the Arcane Wizard tends to be better at cleaning up tougher enemies, but lacks reliable crowd control, like the Sorcerer's Earth Elemental, though this is slightly mitigated by Teleport.
"Arcane wizards focus on altering reality; as well as shooting the deadliest magical ray known to man."
The Arcane Wizard is a true powerhouse. Its high-damage, channeled spell can one-shot most smaller monsters and make short work of other enemies with high HP or armor, be it on the ground or in the air. It also harnesses the power of the deadliest ray known to man: the Death Ray, which can turn any monster to dust in one hit. It is first available at The Citadel.
The deadliest ray known to man, capable of disintegrating any enemy into dust with 100% accuracy. Health, physical armor and magical resistance do not influence this ability; once fired, the Death Ray is an instant kill. To compensate for this power, this ability has the highest base cost in the game and is expensive to upgrade. It also suffers from a lengthy cool-down, although this can be mitigated by its upgrades. Bosses and mini-bosses are immune to Death Ray and thus cannot be targeted by it.
Manipulating the very essence of time and space, Arcane Mages can teleport groups of enemies back along the path. Upgrades increase the number of enemies teleported, but do not influence cooldown or teleport distance. Bosses and mini-bosses cannot be teleported. Cooldown: 10 seconds.
- 43% wider than Mages Guild
- 12% wider than Wizard Tower
- Same range as Sorcerer Mage and Rangers Hideout
- The Arcane Wizard is a powerful mage, specialized in decimating enemies one by one. It deals a huge amount of damage with each shot, higher than all other towers in Kingdom Rush, and ignores armor, making it a great counter to heavily armored enemies, and tough enemies in general, such as the Dark Knight, Dark Slayer, Yeti, Magma Elemental, etc. The strength of the wizard is further improved by its abilities, which are more expensive than most other towers' abilities but also more powerful.
- Death Ray is the most reliable instant kill of all instant kills in Kingdom Rush and gains all of its might immediately at level 1, but it suffers from a lengthy recharge. You can upgrade the Death Ray to level 2 or 3 to reduce its recharge time (if the player has multiple Arcane Wizards it is better to upgrade each of them to Death Ray tier I first).
- Use Death Ray to quickly eliminate tough enemies, especially Forest Trolls and Troll Breakers, which are extremely durable due to their regeneration rate. Dark Slayers, Demon Lords, Demon Legions, Yetis and Magma Elementals are also good potential targets for the skill.
- As a mini-boss, Cerberus is immune to all instant kills, including Death Ray, so it cannot be countered by this skill.
- Death Ray isn't recommended for fast and/or numerous enemies (e.g. Wulves, Worgs, Giant Spiders), since they are individually weak, deal low damage and therefore the skill's potential to kill even the toughest enemies will simply be wasted on them.
- Teleport is the only ability in Kingdom Rush that is able to move enemies backward. The skill creates a whirling purple runic symbol on the path that teleports all enemies on top of it before vanishing. As it vanishes quickly it often teleports less than the maximum number of enemies, meaning it isn't usually necessary to fully upgrade this skill.
- This skill can significantly slow down the progress of small groups of enemies, thanks to its quick cooldown. Use it to counter semi-durable foes that come in numbers, such as Troll Champions, Orc Champions or Demon Legions, to buy more time for the Arcane Wizard and other towers to kill them.
- Teleport is not very good at holding back fast enemies, such as Wulves, but is able to stall large, slow enemies such as Forest Trolls, Troll Breakers, Dark Slayers, Yetis and Magma Elementals. It can often stall these enemies indefinitely, allowing time for other towers to damage them or for Death Ray to recharge.
- A Teleport Chain is created by a few Arcane Wizards placed spaced from each other so that when a group of enemies is teleported by one wizard, the next can catch and teleport them back even further. This requires quite a bit of gold, luck and good planning, but usually pays off well when it activates.
- The Arcane Wizard has the highest base damage of all towers in Kingdom Rush, making this tower an excellent choice to counter mighty enemies, including bosses.
- The Arcane Wizard specializes in combating larger opponents; Death Ray can kill any non-boss enemy instantly and Teleport can stall slower enemies indefinitely.
- Use soldiers and Reinforcements to hold off weaker enemies, so the Arcane Wizard can focus on the stronger ones.
- It is recommended to place the Arcane Wizard around the back of your defense, where only the strongest foes can make it to. This is so that the wizard can avoid being distracted by lesser enemies, and focus its damage and Death Ray on tougher ones. It can also use Teleport to further stall enemies and send them back to any choke points you have created.
- Placing multiple Arcane Wizards along a boss' route can assist in defeating it, as bosses are slow and have no magic resistance to protect them against the rays of the wizards. Death Ray and especially Teleport may help thin out the hordes that usually accompany bosses, thus allowing your towers to focus on the boss itself.
- The Arcane Wizard deals magic damage, so magic resistant foes, such as Winter Wolves and most Demons, take far less damage from the rays.
- The Arcane Wizard has the slowest fire rate among all magic towers in the series, meaning it has poor crowd control abilities and will struggle against hordes of small or fast enemies, even after Teleport has been upgraded. It can waste a large amount of potential damage on low-HP enemies due to its high damage per attack and its ability Death Ray.
- Winter Wolves and Demon Hounds are the nemeses of the Arcane Wizard; both have quite a lot of health, come in packs, move fast and possess magic resistance. Arcane Wizards are very weak against them.
- DPS: 38 to 70 (average 54)
- Total Cost: 800 G (720 G with Hermetic Study)
- Cost Efficiency: 14.81 gold per point of DPS (13.33 with Hermetic Study)
- The Empowered Magic upgrade increases the base DPS by 15%: 44 to 80.5 (average 62.25)
- Total Cost with abilities fully upgraded: 2050 G (1970 G with Hermetic Study)
- Spell Reach (1 Star): Increases wizard's attack range (by 10%).
- Arcane Shatter (1 Star): Magic attacks destroy a portion of enemy physical armor on every hit. (-3 armor level)
- Hermetic Study (2 Stars): Mage Towers construction and upgrading costs are reduced by 10%.
- Empowered Magic (2 Stars): Increases wizard's attack damage. (by 15%)
- Slow Curse (3 Stars): Magic attacks slow enemies by half their speed for a moment (The whole one-second beam duration. Also disables Rocket Rider Turbo boost).
BEAM ME UP SCOTTY Teleport 250 or more enemies.
- Klaatu Barada Nikto! (main)
- Avada Kedavra! (Death Ray)
- You shall not pass! (Teleport)
- "Klaatu barada nikto"
- "Avada Kedavra"
- "You shall not pass"
- A line spoken by Gandalf in the 2001 film Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, when confronting a Balrog and stopping it from reaching the other members of the fellowship. The line is slightly different in the original text, reading "You cannot pass.". However, in the Peter Jackson film, the line is 'You shall not pass!'