"I've put a spell on you!"
The Adept Tower is the Level 2 version of the basic Mages Guild. Casting enhanced bolts, adepts make short work of armored foes. You can already upgrade your Mage Towers into Adept Towers in Stage 2.
- "Adepts cast enhanced bolts, tearing through armor, flesh, and bone."
Having passed the initiation rites, adepts are more capable of conjuring orbs of energy which tear through all physical armor. Although the damage of the Adepts is higher then those of the basic Mage, no specific skills have been developed yet. Like the Mage Tower, Adepts are also capable of targeting both air and ground units. Adepts can be upgraded into Wizards in stage 4.
Be wary that while most armored troops will quickly fall beneath the magical rampage, some beasts or soldiers of evil are resistant to magical attacks, limiting the effectiveness of the Adept.
- After upgrading the Mages guild, the tower damage more than doubles! Thus, when building Mages guilds, upgrading them one level is gold well spent.
- Try to combine Magic Towers with Barracks soldiers; the soldiers stall the enemies, even fast ones, to buy time for the mage to unleash his barrage.
- Adept attacks ignore physical armor, dealing full damage to all creatures with no magical resistance.
- Units with low health which come en masse should not be dealt with by Magic Towers. Use artillery!
Just like Mage towers, Adept towers are generally strong against the early tougher creatures with low speed, like Ogres. SInce their damage has risen so dramatically, faster enemies with low to mid health (e.g. Orcs, Bandits) will also not survive the Adept's attack.
All creatures with magical armor should be dealt with by other towers. Also, foes with large HP pools or regeneration are relatively unharmed and hordes of creatures are also likely to rip through your magical defenses.
- Spell Reach (1 Star): Increases wizard's attack range.
- Arcane Shatter (1 Star): Magic attacks destroy a potion of enemy physical armor on every hit. [-1 armor level each hit]
- Hermetic Study (2 Stars): Mage Towers construction and upgrading costs are reduced by 10%. [Adjusted Lvl 3 upgrade cost: 216g (-24g)]
- Empowered Magic (2 Stars): Increases wizard's attack damage. [Enhanced damage: 27-50 (+4/+7)]
- Slow Curse (3 Stars): Magic attacks slow enemies by half their speed for a moment.
- Rune of Power (1 Star): Increases mages' attack range.
- Spell Penetration (1 Star): Mages' bolts have a chance to ignore magic resistance.
- Eldritch Power (2 Stars): Increases mages' attack damage.
- Wizard Academy (2 Stars): Reduces mages' special abilities costs.
- Brilliance (3 Stars): For every other mage tower built, each mage tower gets a bonus to damage (+4% per tower beyond the first, to a maximum of +30%).
- "Might and Magic "
- "Like a charm"
- "I put a spell on you"