Compared to its counterpart, the Tesla x104, the Big Bertha is stronger against dense groups of enemies, with its powerful main attack. However, it shoots slower and cannot engage air units directly, unless Dragonbreath Launcher is upgraded.
"The 500mm siege gun, AKA "Big Bertha," is the biggest, baddest, piece of artillery in the block."
The Big Bertha is the final product of years of crafting and refining in dwarven metalworks. The Cluster Launcher Xtreme can damages dozen of units in a single shot, and the Dragonbreath Launcher will target air and ground enemies alike, never missing its target.
Launches seeking missiles with extended range that never miss. They find another target if they lose the current one.
A missile comes out of the narrow silo directly to the left of the main barrel. It will home in on an invader, and should its target be eliminated, the missile will adjust its trajectory to engage another enemy. The blast also has splash capabilities and is affected by the Smart Targeting Upgrade. The Dragonbreath Launcher will target the enemy unit closest to the exit, just like a normal attack, and can also target flying enemies. Cooldown: 11 seconds. (8 seconds on Mobile)
Note: On the Steam version of Kingdom Rush the Dragonbreath Launcher will interrupt the normal attack, and takes precedence over it.
Cluster Launcher Xtreme
"...smells like victory!"
Fires a special bomb which will explode in the air dropping multiple bomblets in the area. I love the smell of napalm in the morning..."
Fires a bomb that splits into many bomblets that spread across the path. Unlike the Dragonbreath Launcher, this ability will interfere with automatic firing. It takes precedence over normal attacks (and Dragonbreath Launcher on Steam). Cooldown: 17 seconds.
|level||Cost||Damage||Number of bombs|
- 12% wider than Dwarven Bombard and Dwarven Artillery
- Same as the Level 3 Dwarven Howitzer
- 8% wider than Tesla x104
- Use the Big Bertha against tightly grouped swarms of enemies, to take advantage of its high damage and large explosion radius.
- Cluster Launcher Xtreme works well against flying enemies if there are ground enemies below them. It can annihilate entire rows of Gargoyles in one shot.
- Although the primary weaponry of the Big Bertha is rather ineffective when dealing with scattered enemies, the Cluster Launcher Xtreme provides wider coverage.
- Unless you are facing dense, sustained waves of enemies, it is recommended to purchase Dragonbreath Launcher before Cluster Launcher Xtreme, since the former generally provides more DPS and has a faster cool-down.
- Use the Big Bertha near enemy-spawning spots such as graveyards - no other tower is as efficient when it comes to hordes of lesser enemies.
- Using artillery in combination with some troops (Barracks, Reinforcements, or Heroes) will increase their efficiency. Holding a group of enemies in one place allows artillery to utilize its area damage to its fullest
- Against fast enemies, such as Wulves or Worgs, the Big Bertha may miss.
- DPS: 14.29 to 28.57 (average 21.43)
- Total Cost: 1065 G (958 G with Field Logistic)
- Cost Efficiency: 49.7 gold per point of DPS (44.7 with Field Logistic)
- The Concentrated Fire upgrade increases the base DPS by 10%: 15.71 to 31.43 (average 23.57)
- Cluster Launcher Xtreme Level 3 increases the DPS to 22.86 to 38.86 (average 30.86)*
- Dragonbreath Launcher Level 3 increases the DPS by 20 to 23.63 (average 21.82) | 27.5 to 32.5 on Flash (average 30) | to 27.5 to 42.14 on Steam (average 34.82)**
- Total Cost with abilities fully upgraded: 2015 G (1668 G with Field Logistic and Industrialization)
- DPS with max abilities and upgrades (single target): 42.86 to 62.49 on Mobile (average 52.68) | 50.36 to 71.36 on Flash (average 60.86) | 32.29 to 47.43 on Steam (average 39.86)***
*Note: Cluster Launcher Xtreme changes the attack pattern of the Big Bertha. In a 17.5 second cycle, it will fire 4 normal attacks and 1 Cluster. Assuming a particular enemy is large enough to be hit by 3 bomblets, this gives an average DPS of 30.86 ((4×82.5+3×70)/17.5) over the period.
**Note: Dragonbreath Launcher interrupts the normal attack of the Big Bertha on Steam, changing the attack pattern. In a 14 second cycle, it will fire 3 normal attacks and 1 Dragonbreath missile. This gives an average DPS of 34.82 ((3*82.5+240)/14) over the period.
***Note: On Steam, with both Cluster Launcher Xtreme and Dragonbreath Launcher upgraded, the Big Bertha's attack pattern changes. In a 17.5 second cycle, it will fire 3 normal attacks, 1 Cluster and 1 Dragonbreath missile, priority of attacks being Cluster>Dragonbreath>normal if an enemy is in range, otherwise it will fire a Dragonbreath missile at enemies outside its range. This gives an average DPS of 39.86 ((3*82.5+3*70+240)/17.5) over the period.
- Concentrated Fire (1 Star): Increases artillery attack damage (10% damage increase). (Now, 500mm Big Bertha does 55-110 damage).
- Range Finder (1 Star): Increases artillery attack range (by 10%).
- Field Logistic (2 Stars): Artillery construction and upgrading costs are reduced by 10%.
- Industrialization (3 Stars): Artillery special abilities costs are reduced by 25%.
- Smart Targeting (3 Stars): Artillery suffers no reduction of splash and chain lightning damage.
ROCKETEER Shoot 100 Missiles.
CLUSTERED Drop 1000 or more bomblets with the cluster bomb.
- Say hello to my little friend! (main)
- Rest in pieces! (Cluster Launcher Xtreme)
- Yippee-ki-yay, mother-******! (Dragonbreath Launcher)
- "Say hello to my little friend" - A line spoken by the character Tony Montana in the 1983 film Scarface.
- "Rest in pieces!" - A quote made by the character Duke Nukem in the 2002 Xbox 360 game Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project
- "Yippee ki-yay, mother-******!" - A line spoken by the character John McClane in the 1988 film Die Hard. Though it only has context in the first film, it becomes the character's catch-phrase in the sequels that followed. In the game, the curse is bleeped out.
- Big Bertha is based on a German howitzer with the same name used in World Wars I and II.